Here are some things you can consider doing to begin the process of getting connected
with the group of dragonfly enthusiasts in Wisconsin:
- Join the Wisconsin Dragonfly Society WDS.
- Join the WDS facebook group. If
you enjoy macro-photography, consider posting some of your dragonfly images there. Getting some gentle
feedback from others is a great way to learn.
- Get on the WDS email distribution list (contact
- Check the WDS events calendar for field trips and meetings. These opportunities will
help you learn, and you will meet other folks who have similar interests. If outings are not scheduled for
your area, consider organizing one — WDS will work with you to provide a speaker/leader.
- Attend the WDS and Dragonfly Society of the Americas (DSA) joint meeting in mid-June 2014 (watch events
calendar for location). Rub shoulders with dragonfly enthusiasts from all around North America!
- Obtain a free copy of the "Color Guide to Dragonflies of Wisconsin" by Karl Legler and Dorothy Legler and
Dave Westover (from email@example.com) and obtain
a copy of a damselfly guide (see Lam and Garrison guides on Resources and Links
page); begin to learn to identify common species near you using field guides.
- Volunteer to help organize a meeting, or become involved in a citizen science project.
- Watch the instructional video on the homepage.