Here are some things you can consider doing to begin the process of getting connected
with the group of dragonfly enthusiasts in Wisconsin:
- Join the Wisconsin Dragonfly Society WDS.
- Join the WDS facebook group. If
you enjoy macro-photography, consider posting some of your dragonfly images there. Getting some gentle
feedback from others is a great way to learn.
- Check the WDS events calendar for field trips and meetings. These opportunities will
help you learn, and you will meet other folks who have similar interests. If outings are not scheduled for
your area, consider organizing one — WDS will work with you to provide a speaker/leader.
- Obtain copies of the "Color Guide to Dragonflies of Wisconsin" by Karl Legler and Dorothy Legler and
Dave Westover and a damselfly guide (see Lam and Garrison guides on Resources and Links
page); begin to learn to identify common species near you using field guides.
- Volunteer to help organize a meeting, or become involved in a citizen science project.
- Watch the instructional video on the homepage.