Links and Resources
Wisconsin Dragonfly Society
Dragonfly Society of the Americas
The Odonata Information Network
Midwest Odonata Facebook group
Minnesota Dragonfly Society Facebook group
Iowa Odonata Survey
Michigan Odonata Survey
(Dragonflies and Damselflies of southern New England)
Dragonflies and Damselflies of the Northwest and Beyond
- Legler K., D. Legler, and D. Westover. 2013. Color Guide to Dragonflies of Wisconsin. Edition 5.1.
Karl Legler, Sauk City, Wisconsin (this new version has been expanded to include all WI species of dragonflies).
- Lam, Ed. 2004. Damselflies of the Northeast. Biodiversity Books, Forest Hill, New York. 96 pp.
(very useful for WI, having all but one of our species) http://www.edlam.net/book.html.
- DuBois, R. 2005. Damselflies of the North Woods. Kollath-Stensaas Publishing, Duluth, Minnesota.
128 pp. (Omits several species found only in the southern-most counties — out of print but useful if you can
find a copy at a reasonable price).
- Mead, K. 2009. Dragonflies of the Northwoods. 2nd Edition. Kollath-Stensaas Publishing,
Duluth, Minnesota. 193 pp. (also available as an Apple app)
- Paulson, D. 2012. Dragonflies and Damselflies of the East. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
(the most complete reference for eastern North America).
- Garrison, M. 2011. Damselflies of Chicagoland: A Photo Field Guide, version 2. 135 pp.
(Free PDF download).
- Rosche, L., J. Semroc, L. Gilbert. 2008. Dragonflies and Damselflies of Northeast Ohio. 2nd
Edition. Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Ohio. 300 pp.
- Tennessen, Ken. 2010. Waushara County Dragonflies and Damselflies. 32 pp. (available from the author:
Most supplies (nets, vials, collecting envelopes, etc.) can be obtained from:
BioQuip Products, Inc.
2321 Gladwick St.
Rancho Dominguez, California, 90220